Friday, May 6, 2011

"The Bible makes the land come alive, and the land makes the Bible come alive."

(continued): "Acquaintance with the land of Israel helps one relate not only to the religion and history of ancient Biblical peoples, but also to the customs, the attire, the culture, and even the language and expressions of inhabitants of the Holy Land through the centuries. After Nephi wrote that his soul delighted in the words of Isaiah and that he understood them, he explained why: 'I came out from Jerusalem, and mine eyes hath beheld the things of the Jews, and I know that...there is none other people that understand the things which were spoken unto the Jews like unto them, save it be that they are taught after the manner of the things of the Jews...behold, I, of myself, have dwelt at Jerusalem, wherefore, I know concerning the regions round about' (2 Nephi 25:5-6)."
-Brother Chadwick.

So true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment