Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lockdown

So the past couple of days have been pretty boring, because we've been on security lockdown. It's not a big deal - just some people making trouble in the city because of "Nakba Day." It's the day that Palestinians mourn the establishment of the state of Israel. (Luckily Nakba Day falls on a different day than the Israeli Independence Day for 18/19 years at a time.) Anyways, it's not a big deal, just minor rioting and stuff. (As my friend Becca put it, "Unrest in the Middle East?! Who would've thought?!")


I really feel perfectly safe here. Like really. The Security personnel are amazing, and have even been eating their meals with us. They've all been working around the clock to make sure everything is okay. We have huge gates all around the center, one of the best security systems in the country, and we leave for Turkey tomorrow, so we won't even be in the country to be here for the worst part of the conflict. So I promise you - we're safe. :)

(Featured in this picture is this new hoodie that I bought! Only 60 shekels! [about $18]. I bought it in the OLD CITY of Jerusalem! And it's a BYU hoodie! How cool is that?!)

Anyways, everything is good. It's been an uneventful couple of days, but a good couple of days. :) I'm really excited to go to Turkey and get out of the Center for a bit. It'll be really nice. Not to mention the fact that I'll be in Turkey. I mean, how much cooler can life get?

Now. There's not much else to say. I'll update you on things when I get back from Turkey next week, but until then, I'll be off. So I'll leave you with gratuitous pictures that I like so you can look at them for the rest of the week. Enjoy!

My friend Meeshell and me:
  
My friend Jeehee and myself above the valley of Gibeon where Joshua told the sun to stand still:

My friend Becca and me outside the Dome of the Rock:

A group of us in front of the Dome of the Rock:



3 comments:

  1. I want there to be a like button. So I can press it a billion times. Love you Jeffy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just like looking at Facebook: it's mostly you with a bunch of pictures of girls :P

    Don't forget a few more pictures every now and then of the stuff you see, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're on lockdown and can't go out, why are there not more blog posts? HUH??? P.S. have you guys heard anything else about the Brother Lund situation?

    ReplyDelete